Lipstick Lock- Seal the color in:
1) Apply concealer or foundation to lips with finger or brush. This acts as a primer.( You could also use a lip balm before the concealer/ foundation if you have dry lips.)
2) Line lips with a lip liner to prevent bleeding.
3) Apply 1 layer of matte lipstick, blot with tissue after first layer, then apply a second coat of lipstick.
4)Blot the first layer of lipstick and apply a light dusting of powder.
5) Apply the second layer of lipstick.
6) Apply a gloss for a shiny finish.
1) A handy tip is to make sure that you ex-foliate your lips often. This can be done by lightly brushing your lips with a toothbrush. You could incorporate this regime every time you brush your teeth.
2) Also keep your lips well moisturized. This creates a smooth surface for you to apply lipstick on.
3) If you just want a sophisticated look, apply a dot of illuminating powder in the center of your lower lip.
4) Apply a small amount above your Cupid’s bow (especially at night) to highlight your pout?
5) You may also use the tip of your lipstick to outline your lips and then fill them. Remember not to use the tip to fill the lips or you will blunt it for future use.
1) ‘Using a “pin head” size amount, smooth a pore and liner primer around the outside of the lip line. This primer will effectively fill in the fine and deeper lines around the lips and also on other areas of the face.’ says Janine Bird, professional make-up artist for Smashbox cosmetics.
2) ‘For a great base of color that lasts, apply the lip pencil all over your lips, then smudge before applying your chosen shade,’ says Laura Tucker, make up artist at Liz Earle.
3) ‘I definitely recommend using a brush when applying lipstick’ says Laura Tucker. ‘The brush has a unique cut and shape, allowing you to gradually build color and instantly achieve a more precise, professional-looking result.’
4) ‘This is tip I picked up watching my grandmother. Take a regular 3 ply tissue and carefully separate it into its 3 layers. Place the tissue lightly over your freshly applied color then using a big brush lightly dust some powder foundation onto your lips through the tissue. This effectively sets the first application of lip color, giving you superior long wear, even from non-matte varieties,’ says Janine Bird.
5) ‘For an extra pop to your pout, apply highlighter to the lower outside third of the lip to make the lower lip look fuller, and then apply to the cupids bow, blending up toward the center of the nose. This makes top lips that are thin or thinning look a little plumper and better defined,’ says Janine Bird.
Every woman has that one shade of lipstick she absolutely adores. .Tell me about your favorite lipstick.