Jumpsuits are really comfortable to wear and can be worn for any occasion. Just pick the right one for your body type and style it correctly for your occasion. The jumpsuit is a staple in every girl’s closet right after the all important LBD. Vin has collaborated with Stylewe.com to bring you this guide for all your jumpsuit queries. Stylewe.com now has amazing thanksgiving deals, check them out at juststar.
See also: How to Style a Strapless Dress
How to wear the most perfect jumpsuit?
- Hourglass and pear shapes look out for belted or waisted with halter necks or strong shoulder details to balance out the hips (and flared legs in a jumpsuit) will be most flattering.
- Apple shapes could try something a bit loose at the torso and slimmer at the legs .
See also: How to Wear a Cocktail Party Dress
Skinny or Rectangle Figure/Boyish or Apple Figure
- If you are skinny, consider yourself lucky as you can play with different volumes, cuts and fabrics. You can wear a larger and looser type.
- Denim jumpsuits and ruffled ones are the best choices that can add feminine curves to your androgynous figure.
- In order to add more volume you can choose to wear something underneath the jumpsuits such as a t-shirt or a blouse.
- Block colored and small patterned one pieces are the easiest to wear.
- Big patterns are for the brave and super skinny. Add a cropped jacket and bold jewellery for a style variation.
- As you have a fine figure, you are allowed to wear shorter jumpsuits too for a more feminine and stylish look.
Boyish figures can look curvier by adding chunky accessories to the outfit. Avoi tight-fitting jumpsuits.
- Jumpsuits made form a fluid fabric are the ones that best flatter curvier figures as they enhance the curves in a more natural way. You can choose shorter or longer versions as they both flatter curvy figures.
- Go for plain colors as they will make you look slimmer.
- A beautiful belt at the waist will slim down your waist and camouflage love handles. High-heels are a must if you want to look taller and slimmer.
- If you are tall, you can choose long jumpsuits, and wear more simple, basic models and more feminine, sophisticated ones. You can wear flat shoes and sandals
- Top heavy girls look for a v-neck or a button front (wear a vest underneath for extra coverage).
- Avoid jumpsuits with large prints and tight-fitting ones.
- Avoid bandeau styles.
- Short jumpsuits are the ones that better flatter you in order to make you look taller. They come in different styles and fabrics, with or without straps, with buttons, made form satin, with prints or in a plain color.
- Choose V-necklines and strapless jumpsuits, bustier type, as they are the best choice as they will not only emphasize your chest, but they will elongate your bust.
- If you are looking for the same lengthening effect, low rise cuts, small prints and delicate, fine straps should be your first option.
- V-necks and plunging necklines will give the illusion of lengthening the body . Petite girls look especially good in play suits.
- Tall girls will look great in wide leg jumpsuits. Their long legs are perfect for play suits.
Large and loose models as they will only make you look even shorter.
According to Occasion
- For a formal event that requires elegance, choose black, low-cut jumpsuits, and accessorize the look with high heels and flashy or golden accessories.
- For a day at work, jumpsuits with buttons are a great option. Choose them in a neutral color and wear them with high heels, or, depending on the job, you can even pair them with flats.
- At night go for luxurious fabrics in silks , sequins or metallic and pleated wide legs Wear high heels for a glamorous Studio look.
- Colorful, military, printed or plain, jumpsuits are perfect for an effortless look when you meet your friends for a coffee, or in the evening when you need to attend a special event at a fancy restaurant. They can be youthful and flirty or sophisticated.
That brings us to the end of this guide. Now you know exactly which type of jumpsuit will look great on you.
Let us know your jumpsuit related queries below.