One of the most popular wigs today are the lace front wigs. These wigs make you look effortlessly stylish and are easy to wear and remove.
I have collaborated with besthairbuy to create this guide just for you. Now you too can have your very own lace wig to fix those ‘bad hair’ days. You can visit Besthairbuy here: https://www.besthairbuy.com/lace-front-wigs/
Let’s look at how to wear a lace front wig:
- Make sure your hair is clean, dry and tangle free.
- Use rubbing alcohol along your hairline to blot out any oil.
- If you have long hair, braid it and wrap it around on the top of your head, to create a flat surface. Corn rows work well too.
- Apply a scalp protecting serum, especially if you have sensitive skin or you are trying a new wig glue for the first time.
- Allow the serum to dry completely.
- Before applying any adhesive on your scalp, test the wig. Place it on your head and see if it feels too tight or too loose. Adjust the straps accordingly.
- Some wigs come with additional lace at the hairline, you will need to trim this off with pinking sheers.
- Now, apply liquid adhesive, using a brush, along your natural hairline.
- Allow the glue to dry enough so that it becomes tacky but not completely dry.
- Alternatively, you can use double sided tape, if you are wearing the wig for a short duration. Just place several small pieces of tape along your natural hairline. Ensure that all the pieces touch each other end to end to create one continuous line.
- Now, carefully align your wig with your natural hairline.
- Once you are sure the alignment is right, press the wig into the adhesive/tape.
- Then continue pressing the wig into place, moving all the way to the back of your head.
- Style your hair as desired.
Caring for your wig:
- Handle the wig carefully, do not tug at the lace.
- Use adhesive remover or baby oil to remove the wig.
- Wash the wig regularly.
- Store the wig on a wig stand when not in use.
More for you to see: