Weddings are a wonderful occasion. As a guest, you get to witness the joyful union of the couple. Dressing for the wedding can be challenging, since modern day brides come up with complicated themes sometimes. They may want a formal wedding with a casual vibe or a casual affair with a touch of sophistication. How do you dress for wedding themes which are that confusing? Vin has collaborated with Dresswe.com to help you out.
is one of the leading suppliers of wedding & special occasion dresses in China. Currently, they cater to over 230 countries worldwide. They provide the latest trends in bridal fashion, offering fashionable dresses of good quality at the most reasonable price and even accepting orders for custom made items for every bride and her bridesmaid in the world. Check out there store at:
In this guide you will learn how to dress appropriately for a wedding. In a way that will flatter your body type and skin tone.
You need to make sure that the dress you wear creates a defined waistline and makes your bust and hips look well balanced. The ideal styles for you are:
- Wrap style dresses
- Mermaid style dresses
- Belted waistlines
- Spaghetti strap styles
You need to balance a smaller torso and a larger bottom. You can do this by wearing necklines with plenty of detailing and design. A flared skirt will help to create an even silhoutte. The perfect dresses for you are:
- Strapless ball gowns
- A-line dresses
- Off-the-shoulder necklines
- Drop waist
- Surplus bodice
- Spaghetti strap
- Column dresses
- Straight skirts
Your objective is to create a slimmer waistline. You can achieve this by wearing:
- Drop waist
- Short sleeve
You have minimal definition, so you need to try and create curves. The best dresses to do that are:
- Sheath dresses
- A-line skirt dresses
- Trumpet skirt
- Cap sleeve
- Wide straps
Other Body Types
You need to create a fuller silhoutte. To do this you can wear:
- Off-the- shoulder
- Strapless necklines
- Strapless dresses
- Neckline that goes straight across the front
- Halter neck
- Criss-cross neck line
- Ball gowns with very bare necklines and a nipped-in waist
- Column dresses
- Dresses with sleeves
You need to create a long uninterrupted line. This way you create the illusion of extra inches and an overall tall figure. The dresses that will help you do this are:
- Straight sheath
- Off-the- shoulder
- 3/4-length sleeves
- Ball gowns
You need to make sure that you do not over emphasise your height. Any dress style looks great on you from A-line skirts to voluminous ball best dress types for you are:
- Fitted bodice
- Open neckline
- Long sleeves
Factors to keep in mind when selecting your outfit:
Type of Ceremony
- Contemporary: This means that you should wear knee-length or longer cocktail dresses.
- Black tie: This calls for floor-length gowns. A dressy cocktail gown is good too. Accessorize with pearls, diamonds or other jewels.
- Casual: You can wear day dresses, dress pants or a skirt with a fancy top.
If the ceremony is indoors, the theme is most likely formal. If the location is outdoors, it may not be explicitly formal.
If it is a beach wedding, casual attire will be prefered unless mentioned otherwise on your invite.
Weather, date and time:
- Fall or Winter Wedding: Opt for a lace, sequined, or beaded dress. Long-sleeved dresses are great for winter weddings.Choose a matching wedding coat and boots to keep your feet warm.
- Spring and Summer Wedding: Spring dresses can be shorter in length (knee-length or slightly shorter is perfect, but never try to wear a mini dress to a wedding). Opt for floral prints, stripes, or pastel colors like cream, peach, or beige. For beach weddings, sun dresses are a good option.
Instantly convert your outfit:
Got no time to change between the wedding and the reception? No problem, these quick fixes should help you out.
- Throw on a shawl or pashmina to brighten up your dress.
- A fancy jacket can upgrade a plain dress.
- Add more jewelery.
- Add a new belt or other accessories to brighten up the day clothes.
- Add hair accessories, especially jeweled ones.
Do’s and dont’s:
- Don’t wear white: Even if the bride is not wearing a white dress, it is best to pick another color. Otherwise you may come across as disrespectful to the other guests.
- Do dress nicely, even if it is casual: Never wear jeans, shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops to a wedding as these are not appropriate wedding attire.
- Don’t overdo the glitter: Yes this is a special occassion, but you should not wear a ridiculously sparkly dress.
- Do wear your hair up for formal weddings: Style your hair into a low bun or half-ponytail. Use diamonette hair accessories to dress up your hair.
- Don’t dress loud and wild: This is a wedding, not a party at a club. It is best to go minimal and sophisticated.
- Do clarify:The invitation is meant to give you all the details you need, but if you are still uncertain about what to wear, ask the bride or groom. This is especially helpful if you are close to either the bride or groom, but must be a last resort.
- Do not wear head to toe black: Black is considered a color of mourning, so try to keep the heels and accessories a vibrant color if you are wearing a black dress.
That brings us to the end of this guide. If you liked the dresses you saw in this post, be sure to check out more at this link:
If you have any other wedding related queries, let us know in the comments below. Enjoy the wedding 🙂